Makes approx. 18 | Prep time: 10 mins
So, we were in the local Co-Op looking for a cheeky (healthy!) snack when we happened across a freezer pack of Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough pieces. Ugh, our fave! But when you look at the fairly simple ingredients and the nutritional value (only 1g of protein per portion), we couldn’t help but think we could make our own guilt-free and protein packed version.
- 120g ground almonds
- 2 sachets BOXD ‘Madagascan Vanilla’ protein powder
- 125g nut butter (your preference)
- 85g maple syrup
- 40g dark chocolate chips
- Place almonds & BOXD powder in a large bowl & mix
- Add the butter & maple syrup to the same bowl, mixing well to reach a cookie dough consistency
- Drop in your chocolate chips & mix again
- Scoop a tablespoon of your mixture & roll into balls. You may find it easier if you lightly grease your hands!
- Repeat until all of your dough has been used & enjoy
TIP: Pop them in the freezer, B&J style if you don’t think you can eat them all at once…
P.S. If you want more healthy protein based recipes like this, download our free e-recipe book here!