Who would've thought that pizza could be good for your skin?
If you can follow the recipe for this slaw you can achieve the flavour of pizza, without over indulging on the calorie side. Research also shows that tomatoes helps protect against sunburn and skin ageing caused by the effects of UV exposure, admittedly not so helpful for this particular British Summer but it'll hopefully come in handy for 2022!
See the recipe below:
- 2 courgettes
- 1 large tub (around 250 g) of mini tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- ½ red chilli, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1–2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 3–4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Place the courgette in a food processor and pulse the button until
chopped. Remove any extra chunky pieces and pop back in if you need
to (courgette is a tricky customer for a consistent chop!). Place in a
2. Repeat with the tomatoes. They will blitz in seconds, so avoid over-pulsing.
3. Hand-chop the onion, chilli and garlic into thin slices and add to the mix.
4. Sprinkle with oregano and mix.
5. Squeeze the tomato purée over the mix and add the vinegar. Depending
how the mixture stirs, you may need to add a little extra vinegar.
6. Mix well and sprinkle with sea salt.
Makes 4 large portions
‘SuperSlaw: Blitz Your Way to 5 A Day by Jill Greenwood (Ebury Press, £12.99), Photography by Lara Messer’
The recipe in this article was provide by author & personal trainer, Jill Greenwood. Follow her @jillgreenwood.