How often do you see the words quick, easy, healthy and delicious in the same sentence?
That's what we thought! This weeks recipe is must try, especially for our vegan friends 🙂
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 tbsp water)
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2 medium bananas (very ripe)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Your favourite toppings (ideas: Berries, granola, vegan chocolate chips, chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, rolled oats, crushed cookies)
- 1 sachet of BOXD Vegan Madagascan Vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease each slot of a standard muffin tin. Use paper liners to keep the recipe oil-free.
- Prepare flax eggs in a small bowl, by mixing together the ground flax & water. Set aside about 10 minutes. It will thicken up and become gel-like.
- When the flax eggs are ready, add all the ingredients (except the toppings) into a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour mixture into each slot about ¾ of the way full. Sprinkle each one with your favorite toppings (*Don't press the toppings into the batter. I feel like it yields a flatter muffin this way). Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin or two. If it comes out mostly clean, they are done.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack, then cool for another 10-15 minutes. The muffins might flatten out a little bit...it's normal. *To avoid the liner sticking to the muffin, let them completely cool before enjoying. If not using liners, gently pop out each muffin with a butter knife.